DAC Workshop on System-to-Silicon Performance Modeling and Analysis Power, Temperature and Reliability
DAC 2015 | San Francisco, CA | June 7, 2015
The integration of heterogeneous electronic systems composed of SW and HW requires not only a proper handling of system functionality, but also an appropriate expression and analysis of various extra-functional properties: timing, energy consumption, thermal behavior, reliability, cost and others as well as performance aspects related to caching, non-determinism, probabilistic effects.
The workshop addresses cross-domain aspects related to the design and verification framework covering methodology, interoperable tools, flows, interfaces and standards that enable formalization, specification, annotation and refinement of functional and extra-functional properties of a system. Special emphasis will be given to formalization and expression of power, temperature, reliability, degradation and aging.
Several research and industry efforts address (parts of) the problem. However, there is a need for community-wide cooperation to establish a holistic vision on extra-functional property treatment, and to agree on research and development directions and further on validation of applicable solutions and standardization.
This event will support collaboration between main actors from system and microelectronics industry, EDA and research.
- Laurent Maillet-Contoz, STMicroelectronics, France
- Kim Grüttner, OFFIS, Germany
- Gjalt de Jong, ArchWorks, Belgium
- Adam Morawiec, ECSI, France
- Andreas Herkersdorf, TU München, Germany
- Jürgen Becker, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
- Domenik Helms, OFFIS, Germany
- Christoph Sohrmann, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Germany
- Roland Jancke, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Germany